What is the SafeGuards Foster Care Program?
The SafeGuards program is a unique, full continuum of foster care, designed to treat sexualized children and adolescents who cannot remain with or return to their legal family. SafeGuards Foster Care is a local agency that provides help to many children in Eastern Pennsylvania.
Our program is distinguishable from other programs because our agency strives to help children succeed and overcome severe obstacles in order to become responsible members of the community. The SafeGuards program emphasizes accountability and promotes a youth's desire to develop social, educational and emotional skills for future suceess.
SafeGuards youth have reported a wide range of neglectful and abusive experiences. SafeGuards utilizes a family living situation in order to assist youth in developing healthy relationships with both adults and with their peer groups. Constructive role modeling by foster parents is a cornerstone of the agency.
Benefits of becoming a Foster Parent with SafeGuards...
- Foster Parents receive a $1700 a month stipend per child placed in their home. This stipend is tax free reimbursement for the care of a foster child.
- 24/7 On-Call Service from trained staff
- Orientation Training and Weekly Support Groups offered to all foster parents
- Case Management Support for each Foster Family.
Are you able to be a Role Model?
Our professionals continue to seek out strong, enthusiastic individuals and families who have the drive to respond to the special needs of our youth.
Foster Parents that SafeGuards is looking for are...
- Willing to make a difference in their community.
- Able to open their home to provide a safe, supervised learning environment for a youth in need.
- Patient, Non-judgemental and willing to share life skills in a respectful manner.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Are willing to be reliable, flexible, provide transportation and be willing to work as a member of a treatment team.
- Are able to attend specialized training for foster parents.
-No children under the age of 18 years of age can reside in the home.
-Be able to pass child abuse,criminal and FBI checks.
-Meet home safety requirements.